Cathcart Rd and Caledonia Rd.
Alexander Thomson’s wonderful Caledonia Rd U F Church (1856). It is one of Glasgow’s greatest buildings - indeed one of the greatest 19th century buildings anywhere; yet in a way only too characteristic of Glasgow, the church, after years of ill-treatment amounting to dereliction, has been gutted by fire . . . In almost any other country than our own, so great a work of art would call out enthusiastic and complete restoration as a matter of course. (Architecture of Glasgow, Gomme and Walker). April 1973